I was inspired by The Latin Kitchen to make these brownies.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. organic ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground chipotle pepper, optional
- 1-1/4 sticks organic pasture butter
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup organic raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1 teaspoon Homemade Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 large organic pasture eggs
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- Butter an 8″ x 8″ baking dish; Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, cayenne, and chipotle (if using), and set aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a double boiler over barely simmering water.
- Once the chocolate mixture is hot to the touch, set aside until warm.
- Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon (or other non-reactive material)
- Add one egg, and stir the mixture vigorously.
- Add the other egg, and stir the mixture vigorously.
- Stir in half the flour and spice mixture, and whisk again until smooth; Repeat with other half of flour and spice mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set in the center.
- Let cool completely before lifting from pan and cutting. (For even cutting: chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before cutting.)