I loved Chi Chi’s salsa. Now I can make it anytime that I want, and you can, too. I modified this recipe to make my own organic version of this salsa.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 15 fresh organic Roma/Plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch organic cilantro including stems, chopped fine with food processor
- 1 large organic yellow onion diced
- 2 fresh organic serrano peppers (If you substitute the pepper it won’t make the same salsa; I use 2 whole Homemade Organic Pickled Serranos and brine to taste, when I can’t find fresh organic serrano peppers)
- 3 organic cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch organic green onions chopped (green and white parts)
- 2 organic limes or about 1/4 cup organic lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Real Salt
- 3 Tbsp. organic ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. organic garlic powder or organic granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. organic pepper
- 1 tsp. organic cane sugar
Here’s How I do it:
- Put about 1/3 of the diced tomatoes in a blender with the serrano peppers, garlic, lime juice and all of the spices.
- Blend them until it is a pinkish orangish looking thick liquid.
- Mix it back into the rest of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate to marry the flavors.