Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 – 3 cups crumbled Homemade Organic Beef and Pork Meatloaf
- 2 cups leftover Homemade Organic Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups organic frozen mixed vegetables (or finely chopped fresh vegetables of your choosing)
- 1 cup diced organic yellow onion
- 3 minced organic garlic cloves
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Aspic (gelatin from roasted chicken)
- 1/4 cup organic grass-fed whole milk
- 2 tsp. organic Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly-ground peppercorn blend
- 1 cup shredded organic cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. home rendered shmaltz, lard or tallow
- 2 Tbsp. organic arrowroot powder mixed with 2 Tbsp. cold unchlorinated and unfluoridated water (slurry)
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the lard and heat until warm and bubbly.
- Cook the onions over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 -2 minutes.
- Pour the stock, aspic, crumbled meatloaf and frozen vegetable medley into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add Italian seasoning, pepper and salt; Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Add to the bottom of a bread pan.
- Mix the milk with the mashed potatoes until well blended.
- Cover the stew mixture with mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly and the cheese is melted.