I found the inspiration for this recipe at Beef Magazine and have adapted it to make it organic and synthetic chemical free.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 recipe Homemade Organic Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Salsa Verde
- 12 Homemade Organic Flour Tortillas or Homemade Organic Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 2 cups Homemade Organic Ground Beef Taco Meat
- 1 cup minced organic yellow onion
- 1 cup shredded organic cheddar, organic Monterey Jack or organic pepper jack cheese
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Make the sour cream sauce, if you haven’t all ready done so.
- Spread some of the salsa on the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish.
- Warm the tortillas on a skillet to make them more pliable, if necessary.
- Add 1 Tbsp. taco meat and 1 Tbsp. chopped onion to the center of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla; Place seam-side-down into the casserole dish.
- Repeat steps 2 – 3 until all enchiladas are completed.
- Spread the sour cream sauce over the enchiladas.
- Top with 2 Tbsp. salsa verde and cheese plus any remaining onions.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit.