I found this recipe in Classic Scandinavian Cooking by Nika Hazelton and have adapted it to make it organic and have more flavor than traditional Scandinavian cookery.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 lbs. hot boiled organic new potatoes (very small potatoes are best)
- 2 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 1/3 cup fine Homemade Organic Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground organic peppercorn blend
- 1/2 tsp. organic cane sugar
Here’s How I do it:
- Peel potatoes (if desired) and if necessary shape into small balls.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet and brown bread crumbs, salt, and sugar in it.
- Add potatoes and shake continuously until potatoes are covered with bread crumbs and golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve piping hot.