This is an adaption of a Scandinavian dill sauce that I have added seasonings to in order to suit more palates.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. organic grass-fed heavy cream
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. organic grass-fed whole milk
- 4-6 sprigs fresh organic dill, stems removed and saved for another use (such as stock)
- 3 -4 sprigs organic fresh parsley, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp. organic unbleached white flour
- 2 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground organic peppercorn blend
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat a chef’s saucepan (it has rounded sides) over medium heat.
- Add the butter and allow to melt.
- Whisk in the flour over the heat until there are no lumps.
- Pour in the cream and whisk well.
- Add the milk a little at a time.
- Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Fold in the parsley and dill right before serving.