I found this recipe over at All Recipes and have modified it to make it more my own by increasing the spices and making it organic.
This is what you’ll need:
- 1 lb. organic grass-fed ground pork
- 1 tsp. organic red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. organic freshly-ground peppercorn blend
- 4 sprigs organic Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely minced OR 1-1/2 tsp. organic dried parsley flakes
- 2-3 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. organic yellow onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced organic fresh basil leaves OR 1 tsp. organic dried basil
- 3/4 tsp. organic ground paprika
- 2 tsp. organic red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. organic fennel seeds
- 1 pinch organic brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. organic dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. organic dried thyme
Here’s How I do it:
- Place all ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Knead until well blended.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Warm a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the sausage into the skillet.
- Crumble into smaller pieces while cooking.
- When the sausage is no longer pink and is lightly brown throughout, it’s finished cooking.
- Store the sausage in glass Mason jars and allow to cool completely before refrigerating.
- Once completely refrigerated, freeze any portions that will not be used within a week.