This is much like a meatball submarine sandwich, but with meatloaf instead of meatballs.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 slices of Homemade Organic Beef and Pork Meatloaf, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup Best Homemade Organic Pizza Sauce
- 4 organic hoagie rolls
- organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- organic grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- home rendered lard or tallow
Here’s How I do it:
- In a small sauce pot, warm the pizza sauce and keep at a low simmer until needed.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add lard or tallow and allow to get warm and bubbly.
- Place meatloaf slices into the skillet and fry until lightly golden brown on each side.
- Put a fried meatloaf slice on top of the hoagie roll.
- Top with warmed pizza sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Repeat steps 5-6 for each sandwich.