Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 oz. [half-brick] organic cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Mayonnaise
- 1 cup organic buffalo mozzarella, diced and divided (this is the really soft kind, not the hard block-kind)
- 1/4 cup organic parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup The Best Homemade Organic Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup organic mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tsp. organic red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. organic granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. organic granulated onion
- 2 tsp. organic Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup organic fermented pepperoni slices
- organic lard (home rendered preferred), for frying pepperoni
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- In a small saute pan over medium heat, add some lard and the pepperoni.
- Saute until the pepperoni is just crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Chop the pepperoni into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup mozzarella, salt, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. (I added the melted lard, after it cooled, that I used for frying the pepperoni and it made the dip even better!)
- Spread it across the bottom of a pie plate.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the sauce with pepperoni pieces.
- Top the dip with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake at 350° Fahrenheit until the sides are bubbling and the cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
- This dip pairs well with toasted buttery slices of baguette or Homemade Organic Garlic and Herb Breadsticks.