Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 thin slices Homemade Organic Beef and Pork Meatloaf
- 1/2 small organic yellow onion, sliced
- 3 large organic button or cremini mushrooms
- 4 pieces of organic rye or multigrain bread
- 1/2 cup shredded organic cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 2 Tbsp. home rendered lard or tallow, divided in half
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of lard or tallow to the pan and allow to get warm and bubbly.
- Saute the onion slices until translucent, approximately five minutes; Remove from pan and set aside.
- Fry the meatloaf slices until lightly browned on both sides; Set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp. butter and place a slice of bread on top.
- On top of the bread, sprinkle some cheese and place the cooked meatloaf slice on top.
- Cook the bread until it’s lightly browned; Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Add 1 more Tbsp. of butter to the pan and place another slice of bread on top.
- Add some sauteed onions to the bread and sprinkle with more shredded cheese.
- Place the removed piece of bread with the cooked meatloaf slice on it on top of the the other slice of bread in the pan.
- Cook until lightly golden brown on the bottom.
- Repeat steps 4 – 9 until the sandwiches are all made.