Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 recipe Homemade Organic Italian Sausage Lasagna Sauce
- 9 organic dry lasagna noodles, unbroken
- 15 oz. [1 tub] organic ricotta cheese
- 2 organic pastured eggs
- 1 lb. organic mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated organic parmigiano reggiano
- 6 Tbsp. minced organic fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley OR 2 Tbsp. organic dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly ground peppercorn blend
- 1 Tbsp. home rendered lard
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat oven 375° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the Homemade Organic Italian Sausage Lasagna Sauce.
- Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil in a 2-gallon stock pot.
- Add a pinch of Real Salt to flavor the noodles.
- Add lasagna noodles and cook for HALF of the time the package instructs, approximately 6.5 minutes.
- Add the half-cooked lasagna noodles into a large mixing bowl filled with COLD unchlorinated and unfluoridated water, set aside.
- Add 2 eggs to the ricotta, mix well.
- Season the ricotta with Real Salt, parsley, and pepper; Mix well and set aside.
- Grease a 9×13″ casserole dish with lard.
- Place a layer of sauce on the bottom of the casserole.
- Place 3 noodles side-by-side on top of the sauce.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the ricotta.
- Repeat steps 10-13 until all three layers are finished.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes until top is brown and the sides are bubbly.