This is the seafood version of Shephard’s Pie that I have created myself.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups Homemade Organic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup wild caught shrimp
- 1 cup cooked and flaked wild caught fish
- 1/4 cup. organic unbleached white flour
- 3 Tbsp. home rendered fish oil (fat)
- 1 tsp. Homemade Organic Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp. organic freshly ground peppercorn blend
- 1 cup organic frozen peas
- 3-4 organic carrots, chopped
- 1 organic yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup organic green beans
- 1/2 cup Homemade Wild Caught Shrimp Stock
- 1 cup Homemade Wild Caught Fish Stock
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the fish oil and heat until warm and bubbly.
- Cook the carrots over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 -2 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute while stirring to mix well.
- Pour the stock, green beans and peas into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add Creole seasoning, pepper and salt; Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered; Remove from heat.
- Add the fish and shrimp to the stew.
- Place the stew in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Mix the milk with the mashed potatoes until well blended.
- Cover the stew mixture with mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit, or until the mixture is bubbly around the edges.