Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1-1/2 cups Homemade Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 cup organic granulated cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1-3 tsp. Homemade Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 slightly beaten organic pasture eggs
- 1-1/4 cups organic grass-fed whole milk
- 2/3 cup Homemade Organic Half-and-Half
- 1-1/2 cups Homemade Organic Basic Pastry Mix
- 3-4 Tbsp. unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the pastry mix with the water 1 Tbsp at a time until the pastry is formed.
- Roll the pastry into 1/8″ thickness and place into a deep 9″ pie plate.
- Trim the pastry dough 1″ below the rim of the pie plate.
- Crimp the edges of the dough around the top edge of the pie plate.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, sugar and salt. Make sure to add the spice a little at a time to make sure that you get the level of spiciness you’d enjoy.
- Blend in the eggs, half-and-half and milk.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit.