This is my version of a southern favorite BBQ sauce.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/4 cup organic granulated cane sugar
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 3 cups Homemade Organic Brown Stock
- 2 tsp. organic smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup organic distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic brown mustard
- 1 cup organic tomato paste
- 1 tsp. organic red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup organic Worcestershire sauce (Annie’s is great)
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced organic yellow onion
- 3 organic garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. home rendered tallow
Here’s How I do it:
- Warm tallow in a stock pot until warm and bubbly.
- Add the garlic and onion to the tallow and saute for 2 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding water if necessary.
- Allow to cool and puree, if desired.