Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bones from one organic turkey carcass (If there’s some meat left on it that’s okay.)
- Unchlorinated and unfluoridated water, enough to cover the turkey bones by at least 1 inch
Here’s How I do it:
- Place the turkey bones into the pot
- Make sure that you fill the pot with water so that there’s at least an inch over the turkey bones.
- Boil the water then turn the heat to a simmer
- Boil for at least 2 to 3 days. (You can turn off the heat at night or when you leave the house, it will not affect the stock.)You may also put vegetables into the stock but I use my leftover vegetable pieces for my Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock. Something that I’ve read about but have not tried is baking the bones before placing them into the stock pot.