Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 8 slices of day-old organic sandwich bread (or lightly toasted)
- 1/4 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp. organic granulated cane sugar
- 1 pinch Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Homemade Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup grass-fed organic whole milk
- 3 organic pasture eggs
- 4 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
Here’s How I do it:
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk and eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Soak bread in the egg mixture until soaked.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat.
- Add a dot of butter to the skillet and place a piece of toast on top. (Add another piece of toast if your skillet is large enough.)
- Cook until browned, approximately 6 minutes.
- Add a dot of butter to the pan, flip and cook until browned on the opposite side, approximately 6 minutes.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all pieces of French toast have been made.
- Serve with Homemade Organic Maple Butter, Homemade Organic Pumpkin Pie Flavored Syrup or Organic Maple Syrup