Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 Tbsp. organic pasture turkey drippings (liquid and schmaltz)
- 2 Tbsp. organic unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Turkey Stock
- 1/2 cup organic grass-fed whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. Real Salt (more to taste if necessary)
- 1/4 tsp. organic freshly ground peppercorn blend
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- If you have just baked a turkey, pour the drippings into a frying pan and allow the bits of turkey to go in the pan, too. Make sure there’s at least 2 tablespoons turkey drippings in the pan.
- Mix the flour into the pan drippings.
- Cook over low heat until the mixture is thick and bubbly, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and milk to the flour mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir for an additional minute.