Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups Homemade Organic Basic Pastry Mix and 5-7 Tbsp. unchlorinated and unfluoridated cold water OR Homemade Organic English Pastry Crust
- 6 or 7 organic apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 – 1 cup organic granulated cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. organic unbleached white flour
- 1 dash of Real Salt
- 1 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. organic ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the pastry mix with the water 1 Tbsp at a time until the pastry is formed.
- Roll the pastry into 1/8″ thickness and place into a 9″ pie plate.
- Trim the pastry dough at the rim of the pie plate.
- Crimp the edges of the dough around the top edge of the pie plate.
- Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; Mix with sliced apples
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie crust.
- Top the pie with the other pie crust and cut slits in the crust to allow for the bubbles to escape, or use a cookie cutter to make a shaped hole in the crust and place the cutout elsewhere on the crust.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the apples are soft, at 400° Fahrenheit.
- Serve this pie slightly warm.