Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 5 cups organic yellow cornmeal
- 6-1/2 cups organic unbleached flour
- 1-1/4 cups organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup Homemade Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Real Salt
- 1-1/4 cups [ 2-1/2 sticks] organic pasture butter
Here’s How I do it:
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Store in a covered air-tight container at room temperature for up to six weeks. Freeze this mix If you intend to keep the mix longer than six weeks.
To make cornbread:
- 2-1/2 cups Homemade Organic Cornbread Mix
- 2 organic pasture eggs
- 1 cup organic grass-fed whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Stir the mix lightly and thoroughly before measuring.
- Measure 2-1/2 cups of mix: Spoon the mix lightly into the measuring cup and level off evenly with the flat edge of a butter knife.
- Beat together eggs and milk; Add to premade mix.
- Beat everything together until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9x9x2″ loaf pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425° Fahrenheit.