Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups leftover Homemade Organic Barbequed Pulled Turkey
- 3 cups Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 3 cups Homemade Organic Turkey Stock
- 2-3 cups organic frozen corn kernels
- 1 organic bell pepper, diced
- 1 organic yellow onion, diced
- 3 organic Roma tomatoes, diced; OR 1 large organic tomato, diced
- 5-6 organic garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 organic celery ribs, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Real Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Kansas City Barbeque Rub
- 1 cup shredded organic swiss cheese
- sliced Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapenos, to garnish if desired
- organic celery leaves, to garnish
Here’s How I do it:
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
You’ll also need turkey schmaltz for this version; Also reduce the garlic to 3 cloves and mince.
- In a large stockpot over medium high heat, warm 3-4 Tbsp. schmaltz until bubbly.
- Saute the celery, onion and bell pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic to the onion and peppers and saute for an additional 3 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable and turkey stocks into the stockpot and stir.
- Add the corn, tomatoes, BBQ turkey mixture, salt and BBQ rub seasoning to the pot and mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce to a simmer; Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with shredded swiss cheese and top with celery leaves.