Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups Homemade Organic Turkey Stock or Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 2-1/2 cups diced organic potatoes
- 1 diced medium organic yellow onion
- 1 cup organic celery sliced to 1/8″
- 4 Tbsp. chopped organic fresh parsley OR 4 tsp. organic dried parsley (fresh is recommended)
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 2 cups organic grass-fed whole milk
- 1/2 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/8 tsp. organic ground organic cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. organic freshly ground peppercorn blend
- 2 – 3 cups shredded Homemade Organic Turkey Roast
- 4 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
Here’s How I do it:
- Bring the stock to almost boiling in a large stockpot.
- Add potatoes, onion, parsley and garlic to the stockpot.
- Bring the contents of the pot to a boil; Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a screw-top jar combine the milk, flour, salt, cayenne and pepper; Cover the jar and shake until well blended.
- After the vegetables have simmered for 15 minutes, stir the milk mixture into the stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly; Add butter.
- Pour into sterilized glass jars and refrigerate for 4 hours; Freeze once the soup and jar are completely cooled.
- Before Serving: Remove chowder from containers. Heat in a saucepan until hot, about 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Yields approximately 12 servings.