Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 6 organic pastured pork chops
- 1 tsp. organic dried thyme
- 1 tsp. organic dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. organic dried marjoram
- 4 medium organic tart apples, cut into 1″ dice
- 1 large organic red onion, cut into 1″ dice
- 3 Tbsp. organic brown sugar
- 1 cup organic 100% apple juice
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Sear the pork chops for 5 minutes on each side; Remove from heat.
- Arrange the onion and apple pieces all around the pork chops.
- Carefully pour in the apple juice.
- Sprinkle the herbs and brown sugar on top.
- Cover the Dutch oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops and place on a warm serving platter.
- Bring the juices to a boil in the Dutch oven; Reduce by half.
- Serve the pork chops with the reduction sauce.