Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 organic hot dogs, sliced then cut into fourths
- 1 cup organic frozen peas
- 1 cup organic frozen corn
- 2 cups organic shell pasta or similar style short noodle
- 2 tsp. Homemade Organic Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. organic granulated onion
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Almost Heinz 57 Sauce
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Heinz-Styled Tomato Ketchup
- 2 cups Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Stock, Homemade Organic Beef Stock or Homemade Organic Pork Stock
- 1 Tbsp. home rendered organic lard
Here’s How I do it:
- Warm a deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the lard and heat until warm and bubbly.
- Add the hot dog pieces, granulated onion, cajun seasoning, and salt; Mix well.
- Saute the hot dog pieces for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the ketchup, 57 sauce, and stock into the skillet, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Place the peas, corn and pasta into the skillet and bring to a boil again; Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente and sauce has thickened.