Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 1/2 cup granulated organic cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp. organic grass-fed beef gelatin
- 1 Tbsp. powdered organic marshmallow root (Frontier Organic marshmallow root recommended)
- 1 cup cold unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 1 tsp. Homemade Organic Vanilla Extract
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar in a small saucepan, stirring often until well blended and a syrup forms.
- Meanwhile, Add the gelatin, marshmallow and cold water to the bowl of a stand mixer; Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes, stirring to remove any lumps that might form.
- Heat the syrup to 230° Fahrenheit, stirring consistently to prevent the sugar from sticking to the bottom of a pan; Use a candy thermometer to check the temperature.
- Pour the hot syrup into the mixing bowl; Turn it on, slowly at first, all the way to the highest setting.
- Mix for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture has turned a frothy white and stiff peaks form; Be sure not to overmix as the marshmallows will be harder to spread.
- Meanwhile, use butter to grease an 8×8″ square dish.
- Once the mixture is finished, pour into the dish and allow to set, approximately 4-8 hours.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar (powdered organic cane sugar), if desired.