Use one pint of this mix instead of 1 lb. ground or shredded chicken in recipes.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 organic pasture eggs
- 2 cups Homemade Organic Soft Bread crumbs
- 1 cup chopped organic celery
- 1 cup chopped organic yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped organic carrot
- 1 cup chopped organic green bell pepper
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 3 lbs. organic pastured ground chicken (and ground chicken giblets, optional)
Here’s How I do it:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly. (If using ground chicken giblets, omit one egg.)
- Stir in bread crumbs, egg mixture, celery, onion, carrot and salt; Add chicken and mix until well blended.
- Add some home rendered schmaltz or lard to the bottom of a large skillet or stockpot and heat until warm and bubbly.
- Cook half of the mixture until the chicken has turned white; Repeat with remaining half of mixture, adding additional shmaltz or lard if necessary.
- Allow the mixture to cool; Measure into 2-cup portions (wide-mouth pint jars with tight-fitting lids) and freeze.
- Yields 7 pints of mix.