Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 pint [2 cups] Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Beef Mix or Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Pork Mix
- 1 organic garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Red Enchilada Sauce; OR Homemade Organic Enchilada Sauce with Chipotle
- 1 Tbsp. organic unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 6 cups torn/sliced organic Romaine, green leaf or red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups cooked organic garbanzo beans, reserve cooking liquid
- 1/2 cup sliced organic kalamata olives
- 1 cup shredded organic cheddar cheese; OR 1 cup shredded organic monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped organic green onion
- 1 cup organic cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 organic green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 sliced organic avocado, sliced
- sliced Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapenos, if desired
Here’s How I do it:
- In a large skillet combine 1/4 cup reserved garbanzo bean cooking liquid, frozen meat mix, and garlic; Cover the skillet and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl combine lettuce, garbanzo beans, green onion and olives; Toss and set aside.
- Break up the pieces and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Combine the enchilada sauce, flour, and salt in a pint Mason jar; Cover with tight-fitting lid and shake until well combined.
- After the meat mixture has cooked, add the enchilada sauce, chili peppers; Cook until the meat mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Top the salad with meat mixture; Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Arrange on top of the cheese, the tomato halves, avocado slices and green pepper strips.