Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Beef Stock
- 1 package Homemade Organic Basic Freezer Meatballs
- 1 cup organic brown rice
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 4 Tbsp. home rendered tallow, divided
- 1 cup organic diced pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup organic green bell pepper, 1″ dice
- 1 cup organic carrots, sliced 1/2″ thick
- 1 cup organic yellow onion, 1″ dice
- 2 tsp. organic sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. organic minced fresh ginger; OR organic powdered ginger
- 3 organic garlic cloves, minced; OR tsp. organic granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. organic Nama Shoyu (soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp. organic unbleached flour combined with 3 Tbsp. organic pasture butter (roux)
Here’s How I do it:
- Put 2 Tbsp. tallow into a saucepan and melt.
- Add the uncooked rice, 1 tsp. of salt and beef stock according to the type of rice you’re using (1 cup for white rice, 2 cups for brown).
- Once it’s boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes for white rice and 45 minutes for brown. Do NOT stir.
- While the rice is simmering, cut the bell pepper and onion into 1″ cubes.
- Heat the saucepan and add the remaining 2 Tbsp. of tallow.
- Once it’s melted, saute the onions for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Adding the bell pepper and saute for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Add the remaining two cups of chicken broth or stock to the saucepan.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, sesame seeds, pinch or two of salt, pineapple (if using) and meatballs.
- Allow to saute until the meatballs are heated through to get the flavor mixed with all of the ingredients.
- Mix the roux into the saucepan and blend thoroughly.
- Once the sauce is thickened, the dish is ready to serve over hot brown rice.