Here’s What You’ll Need:
- I cup raw organic brown rice
- 2 cups Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 pint [2 cups] Homemade Organic Freezer Chicken Mix or 2 cups shredded Homemade Organic Chicken Roast
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup chopped organic yellow onion
- 1 organic garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup organic beer or Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp. organic paprika
- 1 tsp. Homemade Organic Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. organic Worcestershire sauce (Annie’s is great!)
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. organic unbleached white flour
Here’s How I do it:
- In a small saucepan combine rice, 2 cups chicken stock, and 2 Tbsp. butter; Cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet combine frozen chicken mix onion and 1/4 cup chicken stock; Cover and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat on the rice and cook for 40 minutes, or until rice is tender; Take off of heat, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Break up the chunks of chicken, add garlic to pan; Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, 1 cup of beer or chicken stock, paprika, chili powder, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and sour cream; Stir half of the pan juices into the sour cream; Return sour cream mixture to the pan.
- Cook and stir until the mixture is thickened and bubbly; Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve over the brown rice.