Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. ground organic grass-fed beef or 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Beef Mix
- 1 cup diced organic yellow onion
- 2-3 cloves of organic garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 cup diced organic tomatoes
- 1 cup prepared Homemade Organic Tex-Mex Beans (optional)
- 2 cups organic elbow macaroni; OR organic cavatelli pasta
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Beef Stock
- 3/4 cup Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup organic crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh brewed organic coffee
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. organic chili pepper powder
- 1 tsp. organic chipotle pepper
- 2 tsp. organic paprika
- 1/4 tsp. dried organic rosemary, crushed
- Garnish options: shredded organic cheddar cheese, sliced organic green onion, organic sour cream, sliced Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapenos, sliced Homemade Organic Pickled Serranos, or fresh organic cilantro.
Here’s How I do it:
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Beef Mix: Pour 1/4 cup water into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen beef mix, and onions. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces. Add the garlic; Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Proceed with step 4.
- Brown the beef in a saucepan until halfway done.
- Add the onions, tomatoes and garlic and saute with the ground beef for 6 to 7 minutes until the beef is brown and the onions are clear.
- Add the beef and veggie stock, stir well.
- Add the macaroni/cavatelli, and Homemade Organic Tex-Mex Beans, if using; Stir well.
- Add the chili pepper powder, chipotle pepper, paprika and salt; Stir well.
- Slowly bring the mixture to a boil then simmer uncovered until the pasta is al-dente, approximately 16-22 minutes.
- Top with the sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapenos, serranos, fresh organic cilantro, and/or green onions, if desired.