Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup organic tamari sauce or organic Nama Shoyu soy sauce
- 1/4 cup organic rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. organic sesame oil
- 1/2 cup organic sake
- 1/3 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 1/3 cup Homemade Organic Heinz-Styled Tomato Ketchup
- 1 pinch organic ground coriander
- 1 pinch organic ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. organic red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup organic minced leeks (organic minced green onion may be substituted)
- 2 tsp. minced organic fresh garlic
- 2 tsp. peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 2 Tbsp. organic tamari sauce or organic Nama Shoyu soy sauce
Here’s How I do it:
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sake and 1/3 cup water; Bring to a boil.
- Add ketchup, coriander, ground ginger and red chili pepper flakes to the saucepan; Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine leeks/green onion, garlic, fresh ginger, 2 Tbsp. water and 2 Tbsp. tamari/soy sauce and stir until well combined.
- Pour into a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid; This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.