This recipe has been adapted to use ground chicken instead of raw cubed chicken.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1-1/2 cups organic brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. home rendered schmaltz; OR organic pasture butter
- 1 lb. pastured ground chicken; OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix
- 1-1/2 cups PLUS 1/2 cup (divided) Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1-1/2 cups PLUS 1/2 cup (divided) Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup diced organic yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced organic red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced organic green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced organic celery (optional)
- 2-3 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Homemade Organic Cajun Dry Rub
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. organic chili pepper powder
- 1 tsp. organic paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. organic cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. organic Nama Shoyu
- Garnish: sliced organic green onions (optional)
Here’s How I do it:
- Prepare the Rice: Place the rice, 1 Tbsp. home rendered schmaltz/organic pasture butter, 1 tsp. Real Salt,1-1/2 cups of vegetable stock and 1-1/2 cups of beef stock into a 1 quart saucepan with lid; Cover, bring to a boil then immediately reduce the heat and simmer on low for 45 minutes.
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix: Pour 1/2 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen chicken mix, onion, bell pepper and celery (if using). Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces. Add the garlic; Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Proceed with step 4.
- Saute the ground chicken in a saucepan until halfway done.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, celery (if using) and garlic; Saute with the ground chicken for 6 to 7 minutes until the chicken is light tan and the onions are clear.
- Add the chicken stock and vegetable stock; Stir well.
- Add the Cajun seasoning, paprika, chili pepper powder and salt; Stir well.
- Slowly bring the mixture to a boil then simmer, covered, until the brown rice is fully cooked, approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Mix the fully cooked brown rice into the skillet.
- Pour the Nama Shoyu into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh sliced organic green onions, if desired.