I have adapted this to use ground chicken instead of cubed raw chicken.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1-1/2 cups organic brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. home rendered schmaltz; OR organic pasture butter
- 1 lb. ground pasture raised chicken or 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix
- 1-1/2 cups PLUS 3/4 cup (divided) Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1-1/2 cups PLUS 3/4 cup (divided) Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 3 Tbsp. organic tomato paste
- 1/2 cup grass-fed organic whole milk
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Sweet Whey (not powdered)
- 1/4 cup grass-fed organic heavy cream
- 1/2 cup diced organic yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced organic red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced organic green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced organic tomatoes
- 2-3 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 2 tsp. Homemade Organic Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 tsp. organic parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. organic paprika
- 1 tsp. organic chili pepper powder
- 1 tsp. organic chipotle pepper powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried organic rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded organic cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Ricotta Cheese
Here’s How I do it:
- Prepare the Rice: Place the rice, 1 Tbsp. organic pasture butter, 1 tsp. Real Salt,1-1/2 cups of vegetable stock and 1-1/2 cups of beef stock into a 1 quart saucepan with lid; Cover, bring to a boil then immediately reduce the heat and simmer on low for 45 minutes.
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix: Pour 1/4 cup water into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen chicken mix, onions, bell pepper and diced tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces. Add the garlic; Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Proceed with step 5.
- Brown the chicken in a saucepan until halfway done.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, diced tomatoes and garlic and saute with the ground chicken for 6 to 7 minutes until the chicken is light tan and the onions are clear.
- Add the remaining chicken stock and vegetable stock, along with the tomato paste and milk; Stir well.
- Stir in the Homemade Organic Southwest Chipotle Seasoning, remaining salt, parsley flakes, paprika, chipotle pepper, chili pepper powder, and crushed rosemary.
- Slowly bring the mixture to a boil then simmer, covered, until the brown rice is fully cooked.
- Mix in the cooked rice, cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream until well combined.
- Top with more sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and green onions, if desired.