For more information on how to roast garlic, please check out The Kitchn.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- organic garlic bulbs (elephant garlic recommended)
- enough first-cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil to coat the bulbs.
- 2-3 Tbsp. organic pasture butter per large garlic bulb
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Peel the outermost paper-like layers of the garlic.
- Get enough aluminum foil to make a pouch.
- With the shiny side up, place the garlic in the very middle of the foil.
- Drizzle some olive oil on each bulb and rub it all over.
- Dot the butter and place it in-between the spaces of the garlic.
- Wrap the aluminum foil into a pouch.
- Bake at 400° Fahrenheit for 40 minutes; Check the garlic for doneness by slicing a clove with a paring knife.
- Cook for another 20 minutes if necessary.
- Allow to cool then take the outer layers of skin off (they’ll just pop off).
- Place the cloves of garlic into a food processor or food chopper and puree.
- To Quickly Roast Garlic: Break the garlic into cloves and peel the papery skin off the outside of each clove. Place them into an aluminum foil pouch with enough olive oil/butter to coat. Wrap the aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until soft.