Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups shredded Homemade Organic Chicken Roast; OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix
- 1 cup diced organic carrots
- 3/4 cup diced organic yellow onion
- 1/2 cup sliced organic celery
- 1/2 cup sliced organic mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1-1/2 cups Homemade Organic Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup organic sour cream
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground organic peppercorn blend
- 1 recipe Homemade Organic Confetti Casserole Topping
- 1/4 cup shredded organic cheddar cheese
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix: Pour 1/2 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen chicken mix, carrots, celery and onion. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces. Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. While the chicken mix is thawing, proceed with step 4.
- In a saucepan, combine carrots, onion, celery and chicken stock; Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 3-quart casserole dish, mix shredded chicken/thawed chicken mix, soup, sour cream, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; Add simmered vegetables along with the liquid into the casserole dish; Mix well.
- Prepare the Homemade Organic Confetti Topping.
- Drop the topping by the tablespoonful onto the chicken mixture.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350° Fahrenheit for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until melted, approximately 2-3 minutes.