I have modified this recipe to use ground chicken instead of cubed raw chicken.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4-5 slices Homemade Organic Smoked Bacon, rendered fat reserved
- 1 lb. ground organic pasture chicken; OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 3/4 cup grass-fed organic whole milk
- 1/4 cup grass-fed organic heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Sweet Whey (not powdered)
- 1/2 lb. organic spaghetti, broken in half
- 3/4 cup diced organic yellow onion
- 3/4 cup diced organic carrots
- 3/4 cup organic frozen peas
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Cracklings
- 1 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Roasted Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp. homemade liquid smoke (Don’t use the commercially sold kind)
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 2 tsp. organic dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp. organic ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground organic peppercorn blend
- 1 cup organic cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated organic Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Here’s How I do it:
- In a deep frying pan, with lid, fry the bacon pieces until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the heat, dice small, and set aside; Reserve bacon grease for another use, keeping 1 Tbsp. in the pan. If not using the ground chicken mix, proceed to step 4.
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix: Pour 1/2 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water into the same frying pan used for the bacon; Add the frozen chicken mix, onion and carrots. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces; Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Proceed with step 6.
- Saute the chicken in the frying pan used for the bacon until halfway done.
- Add the onion, carrots and garlic and saute with the ground chicken for 6 to 7 minutes until the chicken is light tan and the onions are clear.
- Add the chicken stock, vegetable stock, whey, heavy cream and milk; Stir well.
- Mix the unbroken spaghetti into the skillet.
- Add the parsley flakes, turmeric, salt, pepper, roasted garlic, and liquid smoke; Stir well.
- Slowly bring the mixture to a boil then simmer, covered, until the pasta is fully cooked, approximately 16-22 minutes.
- Add the cheddar, ricotta and Parmigiano cheeses and allow them to melt into the dish.