I have adapted this recipe from Cooking Channel TV to make it organic.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup organic yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup organic brown mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 cups organic dry white wine (Frey Vineyards preferred)
- 1 cup unchloinated and unfluoridated water
- 1/2 cup organic white wine vinegar or organic champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp. organic granulated onion
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
Here’s How I do it:
- Combine all ingredients into a quart sized Mason jar with tight-fitting lid; Shake well to combine.
- Place into the refrigerator for 24 hours; Shake periodically to mix ingredients.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the contents inside the quart jar; Puree to desired thickness.
- Transfer the blended mustard to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until reduced by about a third. You want this mixture to be spreadable but not to thick or thin; If the mustard becomes too thick, add water or wine a tablespoon at a time until the desired thickness is reached.
- You can store this in the refrigerator, or can using the water-bath method.
- This recipe yields 3 cups.