Here’s What You’ll Need:
- organic apple cores, and peels from any variety of organic apples; You can store them in a gallon sized freezer bag in the freezer until your bag is full. (save seeds for making Homemade Organic Applesauce, or planting)
- unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
Here’s How I do it:
- Place the organic apple cores, and peels into a large stock pot.
- Pour enough water to not quite cover the cores and peels.
- Bring to a boil; Reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Strain overnight through a jelly bag or with several layers of cheesecloth.
- The pulp can be used for composting and the thick liquid is the apple pectin.
- Use in place of liquid pectin in recipes.