Here’s What You’ll Need:
- organic zested lemon peels, pith, rinds and seeds; Save them in a gallon size freezer bag in the freezer until the bag is full. (save the zest for other recipes)
- unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
Here’s How I do it:
- Place the organic zested lemon peels, peels and seeds into a large stock pot.
- Pour enough water to not quite cover the cores and peels.
- Bring to a boil; Reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Strain overnight through a jelly bag or with several layers of cheesecloth.
- The pulp can be used for composting and the thick liquid is the lemon pectin.
- Use in place of liquid pectin in recipes.