Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 large organic tomato, diced small
- 1/2 small organic yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves organic garlic (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 3 Tbsp. organic olive oil
- 1 cup organic crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Stock (Homemade Organic Beef Stock or Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock may be substituted, if desired.)
- 1 tsp. organic dried basil
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 Tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. jarred organic tomato paste
Here’s How I do it:
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat the butter and olive oil until warm and bubbly; Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until they begin to look translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the onions; Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid; Add the tomato paste, sugar, salt and dried basil then stir to combine well.
- Simmer, uncovered, for an additional 30 minutes over low heat. This sauce needs to be thick or it will not stick to the pasta.