I have adapted this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens’ book, “So Good With Fruit“; This is also very delicious on taco salads or with spicy foods, not just canned or fresh fruit.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/3 cup organic distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic lime juice (100% juice)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. organic dry mustard
- 1 tsp. organic poppy seed
- 1 tsp. organic ground paprika
- 1/8 tsp. organic granulated onion
- 1 cup organic olive oil
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat vinegar and lime juice until boiling.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, and place in a pint-and-a-half Mason jar.
- Pour the hot liquid over the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour the olive oil over the mixture and allow to cool for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender on low speed, blend until slightly thickened; Chill.