Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. grass-fed organic ground beef, 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Beef Mix with Mushroom and Onion; OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Beef Mix
- 1/2 cup minced organic green chilis; OR 1/4 cup minced Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapenos (or to taste)
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Salsa Verde
- 12 Homemade Organic Flour Tortillas (Homemade Organic Whole Wheat Tortillas may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped organic yellow onion
- 1 pint [2 cups] Homemade Organic Sour Cream Sauce
- 3 cups shredded organic Swiss cheese
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Meat Mix: Pour 1/2 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen meat mix and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces, then cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Proceed with step 4.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat until browned.
- Combine the warmed meat mix with the chilis/jalapenos and salsa verde until well blended; Set aside.
- Prepare the Homemade Organic Sour Cream Sauce.
- Place 2-3 Tbsp. of the chili and meat mixture onto each tortilla, then sprinkle some onion and Swiss cheese on top; Roll and place into a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish with the seam side down; Repeat until all tortillas are filled and placed into the dish.
- Pour the sour cream sauce over the top of the enchiladas, and sprinkle each enchilada with cheese.
- Bake at 350° Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Yields 8-12 servings.