Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. grass-fed organic ground beef; OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Beef Mix, OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Beef Mix with Mushrooms and Onion, OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Italian Ground Sausage Mix, or 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix
- 1/2 cup organic diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup organic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup organic sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup organic bell pepper (optional)
- 2-3 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups Homemade Organic Beef Stock; OR Homemade Organic Pork Stock; OR Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1-1/4 cups Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Sweet Whey
- 2 Tbsp. organic tomato paste
- 1/2 lb. organic spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 tsp. organic dried basil
- 1 tsp. organic Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp. organic paprika
- 1/4 tsp. organic turmeric
- 1/2 cup grated organic Parmegiano Reggiano cheese (optional, for garnish)
Here’s How I do it:
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Meat Mix: Pour 1/2 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen beef mix, bell pepper (if using) and onions. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces and add the tomatoes, mushrooms (if using), and garlic. Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Proceed with step 4.
- Brown the beef in a saucepan until halfway done.
- Add the bell pepper (if using) and onions, then saute with the ground beef for 5 minutes; Add the tomatoes, mushrooms (if using), and garlic, then saute until the beef is brown and the onions are clear.
- Pour in the beef/pork/chicken stock, vegetable stock, whey and tomato paste.
- Stir in the basil, Itaian seasoning, Real Salt, cane sugar paprika, and turmeric until well blended.
- Carefully add the broken spaghetti noodles; Make sure they are covered with liquid.
- Slowly bring the mixture to a boil then simmer, covered, until the noodles are al-dente, approximately 18-22 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with grated organic Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and/or sprigs of organic fresh parsley, if desired.