I use this to make Homemade Organic Chef Boyardee Beefaroni and Homemade Organic Chef Boyardee Spaghetti with Meat Sauce.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 1 Tbsp. organic olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped organic yellow onion
- 1-2 cloves organic garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Homemade Organic Ground Herb Blend
- 1 tsp. organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup Homemade Organic Cheese Paste
Here’s How I do it:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil until bubbly.
- Add the onion and garlic to the oil and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, sugar, and Homemade Organic Ground Herb Blend to the vegetable mixture; Stir well and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and water to the saucepan; Stir until well blended.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer; Simmer for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Put the Homemade Organic Cheese Paste on top of the sauce, and stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat and pour into a pint-and-a-half sized Mason jar.
- Blend this sauce with an immersion blender to thicken.
- This makes 2 cups of sauce and this recipe can be doubled or quadrupled without issues (puree in batches and use larger jars, if necessary).