Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Lard; OR organic olive oil
- 1 medium organic yellow onion, diced small
- 1 medium organic tomato, diced small
- 1 cup organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 1 Tbsp. minced organic pickled Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp. minced organic pickled green olives stuffed with garlic
- 1/4 cup organic Kalamata olive brine (from the jar of pickled olives)
- 1/4 cup organic green olive stuffed with garlic brine (from the jar of pickled olives)
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
Here’s How I do it:
- Simmer the onions in the lard/oil until translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, water, green olive with garlic brine, Kalamata olive brine, Kalamata olives, green olives with garlic, and salt.
- Simmer for 60-90 minutes, or until desired thickness is reached; Puree if desired.