I have slightly adapted this recipe from Serious Eats.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped organic basil
- 1 pound organic mozzarella, cubed; OR organic ciliegine mozzarella (cherry-size mozzarella balls)
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground organic peppercorn blend
- 1 pint [2 cups] organic cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. organic red wine vinegar
Here’s How I do it:
- Combine the oil, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the mozzarella, then cover and let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add tomatoes and vinegar to the mozzarella; Toss to combine.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately.