Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups shredded Homemade Organic Chicken Roast; OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 2 oz. [1/2 stick] organic pasture butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped organic yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped organic celery
- 3-4 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh organic dill
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh organic parsley
- 1 tsp. organic paprika
- 8 oz. [1 brick] organic cream cheese, at room temperature and cubed
- 2 oz. organic blue cheese, crumbled
- serve with: buttered and toasted crostinis, organic celery sticks
Here’s How I do it:
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix: Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock into a deep frying pan with lid; Add the frozen chicken mix, celery and onions. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces, add the garlic; Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Proceed with step 5.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the butter until warm and bubbly; Saute the onions, celery and garlic until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the hot sauce, dill, parsley, paprika, then stir until well combined.
- Stir in the shredded chicken (if using), cream cheese and blue cheese; Cook until cheeses are melted and the dip thickens.
- Place into a warming slow cooker, or dip server; Serve warm.