Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 10 oz. cooked and flaked wild caught tuna, OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Flaked White Fish Mix, OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix
- 3 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 1 cup diced organic yellow onion (optional)
- 3/4 cup diced organic carrots
- 3/4 cup organic frozen sweet peas (optional)
- 2-3 organic garlic cloves, (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. organic unbleached white flour
- 2 cups Homemade Organic Buttermilk Substitute
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Fish Stock
- 1/2 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground organic peppercorn blend
- 1 tsp. organic dried parsley
- 2 cups dry organic fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup grated organic Parmigiano Reggiano
Here’s How I do it:
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Meat Mix: Pour 1/4 cup water and butter into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen meat mix, carrots and onions (if using). Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces. Add the garlic (if using); Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Proceed with step 3.
- To a large frying pan with lid, add the butter, onions, carrots and garlic, then saute until the onions are clear; Add the cooked, flaked fish (if using).
- Add the flour to the skillet; Stir until well combined.
- Pour in the fish stock, water, buttermilk and peas (if using).
- Stir in the salt, pepper and parsley flakes; Stir until well blended.
- Add the fusilli pasta to the skillet and mix well.
- Cover and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer; Cook for 16-22 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Stir in the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese until melted and well combined.