Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped organic yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped organic garlic
- 1 jar organic tomato paste (7 oz.)
- 1/4 cup organic distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapeno brine (for more heat, add some of the jalapeno seeds, too)
- 1/2 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water, divided
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
Here’s How I do it:
- Add 1/4 cup water, onion and garlic to a 2-quart saucepan; Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then simmer for 1 minute.
- Mix all remaining ingredients into the saucepan and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before placing into a pint jar, straining the solids if desired.
- This is fine to eat immediately, but tastes even better the next day after being in the refrigerator.