This recipe comes from Rosemary Gladstar’s book Rosemary Gladstar’s Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide. For more information about this recipe, please check out Cupcake Rehab.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- A glass Mason jar with tight-fitting lid (I usually use a pint-and-a-half, but any size will do)
- Enough peeled organic garlic cloves to fill the jar.
- organic apple cider vinegar [Eden’s Organic is awesome]
- raw local honey from real honeybees
Here’s How I do it:
- Fill the jar with garlic cloves.
- Pour enough apple cider vinegar over the cloves to totally submerge the garlic.
- Place in a warm but dark place for 3-4 weeks.
- After a few weeks, strain the liquid and set aside.
- Take half of the liquid with an equal amount of honey and add it to a small saucepan.
- Retain the extra vinegar for use in dressings, quick pickles and marinades.
- Heat the mixture over very low heat until fully dissolved and blended.
- Pour this back over the garlic and allow to sit for another 3 weeks in a cool dark place, like your pantry.
- You can eat a clove of the garlic whenever you wish, but for treating cold or flu, you should eat about 3-5 cloves a day.