Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup dry organic pinto beans
- 4 cups unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 1 Tbsp. organic rice bran oil; OR organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. organic 100% lime juice
- 1-1/2 tsp. organic 100% lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped organic yellow onion
- 1 large organic garlic clove, minced
- 1 organic bay leaf
- 1 tsp. organic chipotle pepper powder
- 1 tsp. organic ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground organic black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. organic dried oregano
Here’s How I do it:
- Add all ingredients to a 2-quart pot; Bring to a boil, uncovered, for two minutes.
- Cover, and immediately reduce the heat; Simmer for 2 hours on low.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.